A Foundation for the Future
Capital Manor has always been a place of caring and support. The Capital Manor Foundation was created in 2004 to enable residents and friends of Capital Manor to further our mission to provide an environment where Salem’s seniors can live fulfilling, independent lives with the assurance of high-quality, affordable long-term care.
The Capital Manor Foundation is a supporting foundation, organized under IRS Code Section 509 (a)(3) as a public charity operating solely to benefit the Capital Manor community of residents and staff.
- Our first priority is to support residents who have outlived their resources.
- The Foundation also assists current employees by providing support for higher-level education specific to fields related to senior living and health.
- We’re building a permanent fund which, when mature, will provide assistance in perpetuity.
- In 2016, the Foundation also created an endowment building program and a new employee scholarship program.
All assistance is guided by our legal status as a supporting foundation and by our mission to benefit directly the Capital Manor community.
There are many benefits of donating to the Foundation. Your gifts to the Foundation:
- Assist residents who have outlived resources
- May be tax-deductible; consult your tax advisor
- Help current employees fulfill higher education goals specific to senior needs
- Help reduce monthly maintenance fees by reducing overall expenses in the community