Audrey Kagey recently joined the Capital Manor Wellness Team as our Wellness Coordinator. After spending the previous 2 ½ years as a personal trainer, Audrey coordinates and teaches many of the exercise classes at the community, holds one-on-one wellness appointments with residents, and designs exercise programs specific to individuals’ unique needs. “Wellness is about making a choice every day to do something to better yourself,” she says. “Whether that be physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally, it is a choice and the residents at Capital Manor inspire me every day at how committed they are to improve themselves. The goal at Capital Manor is to create an environment where no matter the fitness level, your needs are met.”
At Capital Manor, a healthy retirement is a given. We want you to keep strong, stay active and feel your best, so we make sure you have opportunities to take care of your mind, body and spirit every day.
- Get Fit – Take a fitness class, go for a hike or swim – you have plenty of choices. You can even try your hand at pickleball (although we should warn you: we’re pretty serious about pickleball around here). Our Wellness Coordinator will personalize a fitness program for you, too.
- Get a Treat – Share a drink with friends in the wine and coffee bar, have a nutritious meal in the dining room, and share a milkshake with the grandkids at the Red Door Bistro.
- Get Your Hands Dirty – Give your green thumb a workout in our community gardens. Residents grow small, juicy raspberries, dahlias as big as your head, and everything in between.
- Get Connected – Connect online with campus-wide Wi-Fi, and connect in person with friends and family at a dinner party, on the patio, or in the woodshop or ceramics studio.
It’s easy to live well at Capital Manor!
- Yoga – Chair Yoga
- Core and Balance Classes
- Water Aerobics
- Accelerated Aerobics
- Functional Fitness (strength and mobility)
- Wellness Walks
- Fall Prevention Workshop
- Stress Management
- One-On-One Wellness Counseling
View In Bloom, our Wellness Events Calendar, to learn more.
You need to see it for yourself! Schedule a tour today.