We are proud to have Sarah Aanes on the Community Life and Wellness Team. Her role is to create opportunities for residents to engage in physical activity and exercise. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science from George Fox last year and has been working at Capital Manor since December of 2020. Sarah enjoys teaching a variety of exercise classes that focus on different aspects of physical fitness such as Total Body Strength, Core Balance, and Advanced Aerobics. She organizes recreational sporting groups, such as bocce ball, pickleball, and ping pong to encourage residents to be active and social at the same time. Sarah also works directly with residents one-on-one in their homes or fitness center, to personalize an exercise plan that meets their goals. Her mission is to provide opportunities and resources to residents to make fitness fun and easy to be involved in.
At Capital Manor, a healthy retirement is a given. We want you to keep strong, stay active and feel your best, so you can find your own unique way to embrace life better. With our 8 Dimensions of Wellness Program, we make sure you have opportunities to take care of your mind, body and spirit every day.
- Get Fit – Take a fitness class, go for a hike or swim – you have plenty of choices. You can even try your hand at pickleball (although we should warn you: we’re pretty serious about pickleball around here). Our Wellness Coordinator will personalize a fitness program for you, too.
- Get a Treat – Share a drink with friends in the wine and coffee bar, have a nutritious meal in the dining room, and share a milkshake with the grandkids at the Red Door Bistro.
- Get Your Hands Dirty – Give your green thumb a workout in our community gardens. Residents grow small, juicy raspberries, dahlias as big as your head, and everything in between.
- Get Connected – Connect online with campus-wide Wi-Fi, and connect in person with friends and family at a dinner party, on the patio, or in the woodshop or ceramics studio.
With the spirit, talent and imagination of our residents, it’s easy to live well at Capital Manor!
New Renovations to our Wellness
Wellness renovations and additions are underway with the creation of The Commons at Capital Manor, your destination for Wellness. Here you can take an exercise class, create a new piece of art, grab a book in the library, go for a swim, meet a friend for coffee and cards, shop at the thrift store or general store, and much more!
In the Commons you will find Prime Fitness!
Prime Fitness at the Commons is our new Fitness Center, providing all one needs to stay in their physical prime. Renovations and additions in Prime Fitness include:
- A complete make-over of the pool and hot tub.
- Centrally located, expanded locker rooms from which you can access all areas of the center.
- A large group exercise room to accommodate the growing numbers of participants in fitness classes.
- Cardio and weight training suites with both machines and free weights.
- A second exercise room to accommodate more intimate yoga classes, quiet stretching, meditation groups or private work with a physical therapist.
- Visit our Expansion page to learn more!
To see more of what is happening at Capital Manor, click the button below to see our Bi-Monthly edition of “Prime Post”
- Yoga – Chair Yoga
- Core and Balance Classes
- Water Aerobics
- Accelerated Aerobics
- Functional Fitness (strength and mobility)
- Wellness Walks
- Fall Prevention Workshop
- Stress Management
- One-On-One Wellness Counseling
You need to see it for yourself! Connect with us today.