When looking into senior living community options, some of the most commonly asked questions are about entrance fees. What are they? How do they benefit me? Are they worth it?
To make a smart decision, you need facts. As you search for the right community for you, make sure you get the answers you need from every community you visit.
Here is some straightforward information about how entrance fees at Capital Manor work – and how they can be a great value.
Why pay an entrance fee?
- It gives you access to our on-site Residential Care Facility– including 90 days at no additional cost.
- As a non-profit continuing care retirement community, we’re able to invest your fees back into the services and amenities you enjoy every day.
- With our Return-of-Capital option, you are guaranteed 50% of your entrance fee back to you or your estate, regardless of how much health care you use here.
How does it save you money?
- It gives you access to continuing care at a lower cost – usually half of the cost of the Salem average.
- Lower monthly fees. This can save you thousands of dollars over your lifetime.
- Lower out-of-pocket expenses. You don’t have to pay property taxes, HOA dues, assessment fees, or homeowner’s insurance.
- Potential tax deductions. Part of your fees may qualify for a medical expense tax deduction. Talk to your tax advisor for details.
Asking the right questions, and getting straight answers, will help you make the right choice for your future.
We’d love to answer any questions you may have. Contact us today.